17 years ago, as of June 2022, I experienced my first encounter with paranormal activity. Since then I have sought to experience paranormal activity in order to better understand what the paranormal is. I also realized, through this process, something I've suspected since my childhood: I am an empath/medium of sorts. This blog is meant to share my stories of the paranormal.

To Read in Order

Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Give Credit Where Credit Is Due (January 2023)

We have two ghosts living in our house. One of them is a visiting 9-year-old named Becky. The other is my grandma, who used to live across the street from me. My grandma used to have the run of the house and we knew all the activity that was coming through came from her. Then, on December 11, 2022, a new spirit entered the house and took the focus away from my grandma. Whenever something would happen in the house, we immediately attributed the activity to Becky.

For example, we leave a para-lantern up in the living room and it goes off randomly throughout the day. We've just assumed that it was Becky, because my grandma usually only notified me of her presence upstairs on the REM-Pod. So when it would light up we'd say, "Hello Becky!" or "Good morning, Becky." Not thinking anything of it.

Since Becky's arrival, I've noticed my interactions with my grandma have gone down. This was partly because Becky was sending mixed signals about communication. For instance, my grandma would usually make the REM-Pod beep one to two beeps on green. That's how I knew it was her. They were short and crisp and made the point she wanted to make: I'm here. Well, Becky started doing it, too. Even though I had asked Becky to treat my room as a private space for me, she comes to my room often. She makes the REM-Pod go off and then gives me "ghost fuzzies" that sometimes are very similar to my grandma. The other day I had to get the divining rods out and through our interaction she revealed that she was just playing with me and that it was her talking to me the whole time. So Becky has a tendency to be playful and just wants to get attention. She is 9 afterall.

Well last night I got one singular beep on my REM-Pod in my room before I went to bed. I decided to get my rods and hopefully talk to my grandma. Lucky for me, it was her and she was pulling out all the stops to make sure that I knew it was her. It was all of her trademark "ghost fuzzies" and style of rod responses. I asked her if Becky was in the room and she said no. I asked her about the two dark men and she knew about them and had seen them in my room. She didn't know much about them, though. I also asked her if she gave me the "ghost fuzzies" while I was on the treadmill earlier that day and she said yes. (My grandma likes to cheer me on when I'm working hard on the treadmill.) But the discussion finally turned to us. I asked her if she was upset about something or if something was bothering her and she said yes and sent me some very strong "ghost fuzzies." I was having a hard time keying into her energy, but I tried my best to figure out what was wrong. It had something to do with us not talking very much and not getting to communicate much anymore. I apologized for that and said I would try to improve that and explained that we do have another spirit in the house which does make it complicated sometimes. She agreed. We ended our conversation with a ghost hug and I went to bed.

The next morning I went about my usual routine. I opened up the lantern in the living room and set about my day. This time when the first blue flash went off, I did not say "Good morning, Becky." Instead I said, "Good morning! I hope you have a great day!" Subsequent flashes I also said "hello" or "hey" without adding a person. Then I continued on with my day.

Eventually it was time to do my treadmill walk and I got on as usual. Halfway through I started getting my grandma's trademark "ghost fuzzies" on my cheeks and the tingles on my head. They were strong. I greeted her and thanked her for her support and eventually the fuzzies faded. My walk slowly came to an end.

I went to sit on the couch afterwards and the lantern went off to blue. I said hello and then asked if this was grandma. The lantern lit up to green (the next color higher than blue). Is this what you were mad about? That you made the lantern go off and I said it was Becky? The lantern lit up to blue. I asked her if she said hi to me on the treadmill a few minutes ago? The lantern lit up to blue. Is it easier to use than some of the other equipment we have? No response, but then my husband came in the room and all future answers sort of dwindled. I'm not sure why. He's present during our nightly conversations, but in this instance, the two things just seemed to overlap. Later, though, I asked it something (that has slipped my mind) and another intelligent response came through in the form of a blue light.

It dawned on me that we never really knew how my grandma would respond to the para-light. We had only had it for a few days before Becky arrived at our house. I had just made assumptions about my grandma and her use of our other equipment as she only ever used our REM-Pod in the past and even that she would only ever give those one or two greeting beeps and not intelligent responses. It was like the new shiny thing took my attention and I forgot about her. I didn't really forget about her, but we just weren't connecting like we had before Becky had showed up. 

The take away when you're entertaining multiple spirits in your home is to make sure that you honor their individuality. Don't make assumptions about who is attempting to connect with you. On the flipside, I wish the spirits would actually answer the question "is this so-and-so" when a connection is trying to be made. If you make the lantern flash, maybe also flash a yes when asked if it's you. If anything, I've learned that ghosts can be stubborn with their communication. And I definitely don't want to get the divining rods out for every little light flash just to have confirmation. If I make the effort to ask, I've told them the ball is in their court to answer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment